During your first visit, we will ask you specific questions about your symptoms, medical, and family history. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to provide enough time for insurance verification and medical history review.
We participate with many insurance carriers. Please call our office to find out if your specific insurance is accepted.
Also please also find out if you have a deductible. A deductible is the amount you have to pay with your own money for medical related expenses before your insurance starts covering your medical bills. After this amount is reached, you usually pay for a copayment or co-insurance and your insurance takes care of the rest.
Patients with HMO plans must obtain a referral from their primary care provider prior to your visit. Please contact your insurance company and verify the benefits and requirements.
Important documents to bring to your initial visit
- A form of I.D: drivers license or passport
- Insurance card
- Available Medical records and blood test results
- Medication list
- Referral if needed
Office Payment Policy
- Please see insurance information above.
- Co-payments must be paid at the time of service, we accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Personal checks and cash are not accepted at this time.
- Claims submission: We can submit your claims on your behalf however, your insurance might require you to contact them directly and submit certain documentation. Please be aware that the balance of your claim is your responsibility if your insurance refuses to pay. In the scenario that your insurance refuses to pay, the balance will be automatically billed to you. If your balance remains unpaid, we may refer your account to a collection agency.
- It is your responsibility to keep your insurance information UpToDate in order to receive your maximum benefits. Please notify us of any insurance changes in a timely manner.
Cancellation of appointments within 24 hours incurs a $50 charge. These charges are the sole responsibility of the patient. If a patient is not able to attend to the office, we also provide telemedicine options to remotely discuss health issues with Dr. Barboza.